Process Control System ECS
Process control software to control, monitor and log processes
Automating heat treatment plants with ECS
The ECS process control system (SCADA) is designed for the visualization and control of industrial heat treatment processes. All necessary functions to control, monitor and log processes are fulfilled. Apart from the plant visualization, ECS offers various data evaluation and log possibilities.
Up to 16 plants can be controlled in the system network with integrated modules for configuration, program creation and administration, online operation with visualization and recording function, batch data evaluation with administration and operating picture design for process visualization.
Different program components process the different parameters and/or offer further functions.
ECS offers functionalities for modern heat treatment methods in order to operate processes easily and save and integrate process control requirements (nitriding potential control, online diffusion, carburizing simulation).
TELEPHONY is designed for alarm notification via E-Mail.
- Hardening plants metal
- Glow systems and forging line
- Ceramic furnaces
- Cold and climatic chambers
- Autoclaves (food/pharmacy)
- Glass autoclaves
- Aircraft industry autoclaves
- Semiconductor furnaces
- Laboratory furnaces
... and much more
- Easy handling and continuous uniform user interface in all mo dules
- Optimized for the use with STANGE program controllers SE-4xx, SE-5xx, SE-6xx, SE-7xx and Siemens S7
- Operating system Windows 7/10
- Program creation and administration for up to 9999 programs
- Graphic and tabular report print-out
- Online plant operation with vizualiation and recorder function
- Batch data evaluation and administration
- Graphic evaluation with comparison of process curves
- Graphic representation of setpoint curves and digital tracks
- Batch protocol print-out with screen preview
- Tabular batch overview with filter-/ search function
- Operation picture designer for process visualization
- Reduction of project work by simple duplication of plants
- Configuration program
- Batch data storage, administration and evaluation
- Process data overview tabular or as tree structure
- Operation picture designer for process visualization with symbol library
- Visualization and storage of measuring data for Siemens S7 as we ll as other OPC compatible systems
- OPC driver for STANGE devices
- ECS Replication for batch data backup in a superordinate directory
- Alarm notification via e-mail
- Carburizing simulation software with integrated material data base
- Nitriding potential calculation on PC
- Nitriding case depth precalculation on PC
- Interface ECS to the office TTC software for hardening shops or other ERP systems
- Software maintenance contract
Interface between ECS and SQL
The software module exports values, alarms and batch header data from the ECS software to a Microsoft SQL Server. Beginning from version 5.0.8.
The export runs automatically in the background and gets start and end form ECS StatusControl tool.
The monitoring of day files must be activated inside ECS system configuration.
Microsoft SQL-Express-Server or SQL-Server.
Interface between process control system ECS and the administration management system of TTC Informatik with the following functions:
- Automatic recipe replication
New recipe names in ECS are automatically transferred to AMS
- Automatic recipe download
In AMS a batch is prepared and transferred together with the recipe name and plant number to ECS. The recipe is loaded from ECS automatically to the chosen controller. The start must be carried out on the SE-controller.
- Transfer batch data
The AMS batch number and the order information (order no, client etc.) are transferred from AMS to ECS. ECS stores the AMS batch numbers in one of the 20 data fields (configurable) of the evaluation and the AMS order information in the comment field.
- Batch evaluation access out of AMS
Out of AMS, the ECS evaluation (ECS-2K-AW) can be selected with the appropriate batch file via the AMS batch number and can be analysed. For each PC, where this function should be possible, an additional licence of ECS-AW-1 is required.
- Sending of status information to AMS
ECS-AMS transmits also the status information "batch is running" / "batch is not running" to AMS
The implementation must always be carried out by an employee of STANGE Elektronik. In case of a good and steady online connection, the implementation can be executed via remote access.
Batch graph as PDF/PNG file for ECS-AMS
Option for ECS-AMS.
At batch end a PDF or PNG file (configurable) is automatically created and transferred with the AMS batch number as file name to the AMS program (Fa. TTC).
The license is required for each ECS-PC.
Diagrams, alarms, batch header data etc. are selectively contained in the ECS batch documentation. The content of the ECS batch documentation as well as the configuration of the used graphic templates is configured during start-up according to customer's specifications.
The control system software ECS communicates with SIMATIC S7-300 and/or SIMATIC S7-400 controllers via OPC (OLE for Process Control).
SIEMENS, SOFTING and INAT (restricted) OPC servers are supported.
Data exchange takes place over a software interface, contained in the scope of supply, which must be integrated into the user project. This interface makes a standardized OPC namespace available over a symbolism.
Communication with the S7 is made by this symbolism. An addressing over the absolute addresses of variables and I/Os is not necessary.
By this procedure a simple connection of SIMATIC S7 controllers to the control system ECS is ensured.
The S7 interface is available in two versions:
All features of the ECS visualization can be used. Both display and recording of process values, and the binding to a program controller and up-/download of recipes is implemented in the full version.
For the visualization and recording of process values. Not all standard pages and functions of ECS are available.
Depending upon kind of the connection (Ethernet or MPI), appropriate interfaces must be present in SIMATIC S7 control and in the PC.
The definition of devices that can be connected to the process control system ECS takes place over the ECS Unit Control. Apart from our own program controllers and automation systems (SE-4xx, SE-5xx, SE-6xx, SE-7xx), there are already pre-defined S7 controllers. For SIEMENS, Softing and INAT S7-OPC-server is available in each case a control in the full and lite version. The use of these pre-defined S7 controllers simplifies the connection to the control system ECS, because configuration errors are impossible. A manual change and also the creation of your own configuration is likewise possible respectively.
Variations of possible communication connection:
|Manufacturer||OPC Server||PLC Hardware||Specifics|
|Siemens||IE SOFTNET-S7 V6.2 6
|e.g. CP 343-1 für S7-300
or CP 443-1 für S7-400
|Siemens||IE SOFTNET-S7 Lean / 20056
|e.g. CP 343-1 für S7-300
or CP 443-1 für S7-400
|Supports only max. 8 connections|
|Softing||S7/S5 OPC-Server V3.0||e.g. CP 343-1 für S7-300
or CP 443-1 für S7-400
|INAT||OPC-Server TCPIP-S||e.g. CP 343-1 für S7-300
or CP 443-1 für S7-400
and/or S7-TCP/IP from INAT
|For Siemens and INAT CPs|
|INAT||OPC-Server TCPIP-I||S7-TCP/IP from INAT||Only for INAT CPs|
Profibus (S7 protocol over MPI interface)
|Manufacturer||OPC Server||PLC Hardware||PC Hardware|
|Siemens||PB SOFTNET-S7 / 2005
|No special hardware needed, the existing MPI interface of the CPU is used.||CP 5611 PCI Board 6GK1561-1AA00|
|Softing||S7/S5 OPC-Server V3.0||No special hardware needed, the existing MPI interface of the CPU is used.||PROFIboard PCI
The components specified in the product overview are not contained in our scope of supply.
Due to the simpler configuration we recommend the use of Softing OPC server.
Windows 7,10 starting with Home-Edition (Starter Edition is not supported);
In combination with other languages than English and German the Ultimate-Edition is recommended.
Additional system requirements of respective OPC server are to be considered!
Minimum System Requirements for ECS Version 5.0:
- Windows 7 starting with Home-Edition (Starter Edition is not supported)
- In combination with other languages than English and German the Ultimate-Edition is recommended
- Windows 10 including Framework 3.5 (Framework installation via Internet during ECS
installation possible. Alternatively via Windows DVD with the tool
"\Framework3.5SP1\SetupMsFrameworkWindows10" from the ECS DVD)
- File system: NTFS
- Any computer that is suitable for the operating system mentioned above
- Pentium Core 2 Duo, min. 2,0 GHz
- Recommended Mainboards: ASUS or Gigabyte
- Min. 2 GB RAM
- Approx. 1 GB (recommended 5 GB) free storage capacity on the hard disk (for installation)
- NIC (Network Interface Card); In combination with 6 series controllers an additional network interface is recommended to separate the field network from the office network
- One free COM-Port per 4 units for controllers of the 4th and 5th generations
- One free USB-Port
- Internet connection via Ethernet for "Remote"
- Internet connection via Ethernet for „Telephony“
- Minimum: 1024 * 768 pixels (16 Bit)
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)