H2 Hydrogen Sensor
For measuring concentrations of hydrogen in furnace atmospheres
The H2 sensor enables nitriding and carburizing atmospheres to be easily measured. In all applications, only a free inlet to the furnace atmosphere is required. The created electrical signal is a measurement for the hydrogen content of the analysed gas. Measuring principle: Heat conductivity of the measuring gas in nitrogen, ammonia, hydrogen and carbonic gases.
Can be used for nitriding, nitrocarburizing, oxynitriding, X-nitriding as well as carburizing processes. Simple installation, e.g. by convection pipe connection which is located within the gas atmosphere. With calibration gas connection and electric connection via connector.
The sensor works according to the diffusion principle - no exhaust gas via sensor. The sensor can be connected directly to the 4-20 mA input of the automation device (e.g. recorder, programmer etc.). The hydrogen sensor for defining the nitriding atmosphere is also available with ATEX approval.
Fields of application:
- Carburizing processes
- Measuring converter WLD / heat-conductive gas sensor
- Connection temperature at KF flange: < 65°C
- Measuring gas pressure range: 30 mbar up to 10 bar absolute
- Measuring range: 0 ... 60, 0 ... 75, 0 ... 100 Vol.-%
- Output: 4-20 mA linear
- Time response: Output delay 6 ... 20s
- Preheat time: Depending on sensor installation, up to 30 minutes at room temperature
- Dimensions: 105 x 66 x 240 mm (WxHxD)
- Power supply unit (optional) 24V/3A, short-circuit proof
- Connecting plug, optional 2 m connecting line with connected plug connector
Requirements for use:
- KF16 vacuum flange for connection
- If necessary convection pipe depending on installation, on request
Accessories for H2-Sensor with ATEX approval
The detonation protection (flame arrester) of the type F.4.7000.40-IIC (Ex-marking Ex IIG IIC) is used to prevent a flame propagation in case of unstable detonations and deflagrations of explosive gas or vapour/air mixtures of explosion group IIC.
The flame arrester essentially consists of a detonation pressure safe housing with gas connections and a ceramic sintered body (max. pore width: 80µm) built into the housing to prevent a flame breakdown.
Length: 83,5 mm
Diameter: 32 mm
External thread: M 30 x 1.5
Gas connections: G 1/4“
Max. gas operating pressure: 3 bar (abs.)
Max. operating temperature: 200°C
Material: stainless steel 1.4571
Explosion group: IIC
Connection: KF16 flange